Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ever Gotten A Thumbs Down For Answering Truthfully And Plainly To A JW Question?

Some time ago, someone asked why his friend who was JW would no longer hang out with him like he used to and watch football etc. just because he wasn't JW.





My answer was:





"Sad but true, they will be polite to you and preach to you but will not associate with you on any meaningful level unless you decide to join their sect because they think non-Witnesses are bad associations."





Now I know this is true because I read it in their own literature and I once had a JW girl in my daughter's high school who did not have any friends and her parents would not let her go out with the other girls or have sleep-overs etc, even though these were parental supervised and safe.





So why do JWs thumbs down you when a non-JW tells it like it is? Isn't it TRUE that non-witnesses are considered bad associations and no relationship must be encouraged with them beyond basic civil interaction and preaching?





Why is it bad when I say it? Is it because I am a non-Witness?|||I've never gotten a thumbs down for that, specifically, but I'm thoroughly convinced that there are people who give me a thumbs down based solely on me being the person who answered a question. I doubt they read my answer, they just see my avatar, and click their mouse.





I'm being persecuted.|||You received thumbs down because your answer wasn't accurate. The JW are not a sect or a cult. They are CHRISTIANS.

Report Abuse


|||As for objectivity, I judge answers on the answers merit. Case in point I agreed with Joyfilled, I believe for the first time.

Report Abuse


|||Not just a JW question. I think people voted on partyline (theist against atheist).|||that doesn't make any sense to me. We have a JW in town and she visits everyone in town. She is the only Witness in town but is a friend to everyone. She comes here at least once a week and i consider her my friend. We study the bible together she has a lot of bible knowledge. She takes an elderly lady to town with her because she had a stoke and can't drive anymore. I thought she was getting paid but she said no she is my friend. Maybe it is just some of them you know. this lady is friends with everyone in town.|||anyone could have read your answer and given a "thumbs-down" for whatever reason.





not accusing you, and i'm not a JW.. but no need to assume that a JW did it.


(just wanted to use my being here as an example).





and.... to some degree, i agree with Deke..... but i've come to the place now where i just laugh when i see a "thumbs-down" on my posts.


it tells me that people dont quit reading or ignore mine in the long line of posts before they get to mine.


...|||In my opinion, anyone who doesn't share the same moral beliefs as you is pretty much a bad association. If they are not encouraging me to give my all and do what's morally right, then I don't need to be around them.





And that question you are referring to, that girl was also a lesbian, practicing what we do not believe to be a 'moral practice.' So associating with someone like that could lead to a seared conscience, thinking that that sort of lifestyle is ok, when it's totally not according to Bible standards.





But, I don't recall giving you a thumbs down, partly because you answered the question according to your opinion, and I don't give thumbs downs for that - even if you don't believe what I do, or twist what I do believe.





Many will give you a thumbs down just because of who you are. They could care less about religion, or what the answer is. They see it's you (whoever) and give it a thumbs down. Immature, I know, but it happens all the time on this forum.





Well, have a nice day. Hope this answered your question some.|||I've clicked on the wrong button before. Sometimes the mouse just slides over, like it's possessed or something. So it might not have been even intentional.





Also, I wouldn't get worked up by a thumbs down. It really doesn't matter that much.|||I always try to answer truthfully and planly but I get thumbs down


check it out





I AM A MUSLIM


WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MUSLIMS





Its the hate and the race that make them to give thumbs down|||I work really hard for my thumbs down.|||Why do you care so much about getting thumb's down?


Maybe you got them because people don't agree with you. Isnt that the whole point of the thumb's system anyway?


And just because you believe something is 'true' doesn't automatically merit you a thumb's up.|||Jesus never said being a christian would be easy.





2 Corinthians 6:14: "Do not be unevenly yoked with unbelievers





1 Cor. 15:33 Do not be deceived: "Bad company ruins good morals."





1 Cor. 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.|||It seems odd to assume that only Jehovah's Witnesses disapprove of blatant propaganda and bigoted epithets.





Many fairminded persons object to propaganda, especially an assumption about 7 million people based almost entirely upon experiences with exactly 1 person from among that 7 million.





In addition, the term "sect" is an offensive pejorative. Pejoratives are "thumbs-down" bait, so this questioner should not be surprised that she hooked a few.





Learn more:


http://watchtower.org/e/19980708/


http://watchtower.org/e/20030301/


http://watchtower.org/e/19980601/


http://watchtower.org/e/20030115/


http://watchtower.org/e/pr/index.htm?art鈥?/a>


http://watchtower.org/e/20000622/article鈥?/a>


http://jw-media.org/edu_videos/vcfi_e.ht鈥?/a>|||Just because a parent is selective on who they want their child to associate with, does not make them a bad parent.





Don't assume that a child does not have friends, just because they don't associate with your friends or school mates. Everyone has a friend at school, I had good friends at school, but I didn't associate with them outside of school, because I had a whole set of friends that shared my same beliefs that I chose to spend the rest of my free time with. I still keep in touch with many of them from almost 30 years ago.





My nieces and nephews just went to Epcot Sunday with a bunch of their friends, who all share the same beliefs and goals.





You have to look at the whole picture. I know that my cousin who is not a witness, allows her children to watch rated R movies and demonic movies. She doesn't feel there's anything wrong with this. Many parents feel the same way. However, witness parents try to protect their children from violent, sexual and demonic movies or games.





What you consider true is a generalization, a form of propaganda, we are all individuals and your one experience not reflective of the whole picture.|||Because not associating with the world leaves out a potential method for preaching and teaching, "incidental witnessing".





Witnesses do not avoid these situations. As for no friends, don't you think there are more witness children than just this one girl. Unlike the churches of Christendom, JW congregation members are not spread out all over the city or county, because individuals think their church of their faith is better than one closer to them. Congregations are made up of specific territories, where children can ride their bike to the home of another witness. Even when I was young, when their numbers were much smaller and the territories covered several cities, we still got together. Twice a year we got together for two days with witnesses from ten other congregations. Once a year with 100 other congregations.





I had a friend who met his wife that way. She saw him at a district convention, and wrote down his name. On her way back to Arizona, her family stopped off in San Diego to look up his name in the phone book. She wrote letters to everyone with the same last name, hoping one would reach him.





Your answer distorts the view of life for JW children. Yes, there are those who hate it, but than you find that in every religion, and the non-religious.|||I often get the same, and I am a Witness, often people mark you down for no reason. As for your answer, I marked it down since I know from experience, that at times it is true, but not always.





I agree with how Joyfilled answered. Plus I do often give TDs so I don't have to see some of the more acreages answers.|||I am a Witness and i was 2x given a thumbs down before on my answers but i would get emails apologizing that they accidentally had given me a thumbs down when really they wanted to give me a thumb's up. Besides, not all thumb's down on a question for or about JWs' are from Witnesses. I am certain that a number of those out there who are not Jehovah's Witness may find some answers belittling the witnesses and their beliefs unfair.





I have friends who are not Jehovah's Witnesses but yes, i do admit that i limit my time with them because they do not share my beliefs or my morals. I do not see anything wrong with that.





Yes, i do consider these friends of mine who are not Witnesses bad association when they go clubbing, go out for a smoke, or happy hour when i should be home taking care of the family.





Furthermore, i do preach to them when i get the chance.|||Dear Pixie,





Before I answer I've just got to ask Deke if he feels persecuted by the 9 Thumbs Up he has.





I didn't see any mention of a positive use of Thumbs Down or Up. Months ago someone said that they use the Up or Down to make voting easier if it does come down to a vote. When the names are hidden we still know which answers we gave a Thumbs Up to and of course our own Thumbs Down answers are not shown.|||Why are you persecuting JW? They don't do that to you. You'll pay when Armageddon comes though.|||You are gonna have a hard time getting through to Jehovahs Witnessess or Mormons.|||Bad publicity, no one wants it. pure and simple.|||That's really sad.|||YES! They do that all the time!





Especially if you point out where they are WRONG, but generally they just give thumbs-down to anything not from a Witness perspective, even if you are right





Papa Bear does this constantly, even though he claims he is not one, he harrasses anyone who doesn't like them

No comments:

Post a Comment