Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jehovahs Witness question...?

I know JW children are forbidden to play organized sports because of "the violence sports encourages" and it being "Bad Association" for their children. Why then are JWs permitted to watch sports on television and go to sporting events? My family is mostly JWs and they will not attend any of my 14 year old sons football games nor his wrestling tournaments,this REALLY bothers me and him because he is very good,2x MVP in both sports,plus a 5x state placer in wrestling...he would really LOVE his aunts,uncles and cousins to be able to watch him.Would it really be wrong for them to come watch him?Jehovahs Witness question...?
regardless of his efforts, and victories, he is still sinned in your rewlative's eyes. Get ridf of them and find a family that would be truly proud of achievements that

you and your son gain in this world.
No, it would not be wrong, regardless of what they may believe is wrong.



ebs187Jehovahs Witness question...?
Of course it wouldn't be wrong for them to watch, you just forget that JWs are a bunch of freaks when it comes to their petty little rules. Just be grateful that he doesn't need a transplant and one of them is the only match
Perhaps, you should give them a call, but be respectful of their beliefs at the same time.Jehovahs Witness question...?
i dont think its aat all wrong, but jw's live in their own lil world a lot of the time... my gma is a jw and she still cmae to mine and my brothers' sporting events and she hasnt been "excommunicated" yet.....but shes one of those rational jw's... if there is such athing.

their "system" is very flawed... they think their beliefs are biblically based, but they have completely taken the bible and turned it around... and they say its the same bible... but, eventho they say that, they still use thier own "special" bible. they say all they have done is replaced god name with jehovah, but even if that was all they done, it still says int the bible that no one should add to it or take from it... and no one could dispute the fact that they have "tweaked" it.
I believe Jehovah's witnesses doctrine is wrong. I believe their tendency to try to do so many works to be accepted as Children of God is wrong.

I think this error in belief stems from the misguided idea Jesus was not the Son of God.



I can't explain their decision of sports, I did not stick around long enough to find out. I pretty sure it's another misinterpretation found in their doctrine.



Jesus is the Son of God.
I don't agree with most of their beliefs but if that's the way they choose to believe then you have to respect that. Maybe there's some other way that your son could spend time with them that doesn't involve sports. I know it's hurtful to your son but just explain to him that, they feel that is the correct way to worship and that you are very proud of his accomplishments but he's going to have to find another way to spend time with them.
First, we aren't forbidden from playing organized sports.



Secondly, some watch/play sports, others don't.



I am a Christian, one of Jehovah's Witnesses.



As for someone not attending, it is up to them, and you should be asking them why they haven't come. It could simply be a timing issue. Could it be that they have other things they have to do, during the times of his games.
We are not forbidden from playing or watching sports. Many do play or watch sports regularly. We just need to be sure we are careful of not overdoing association or filling our schedules so full there is no room for spiritual considerations. This is a personal and family decision, not a command.



While there are some sports that are significantly more violent and I would myself not wish to watch or have my family particpate in them, this is a conscience decision and one my family makes, not anyone else.



I would be quite upset if my family didn't want to come and watch my daughter's sports. Talk to them about it and let them know how you feel. (My own opinion here)...I would love to watch my family's children in football or other games. Wrestling I wouldn't be so keen on, but again thats a personal decision and not something that I am saying the bible advocates.



You need to really get this off your chest, chat sincerely to your family, let them know how much it would mean to you and your son. Not every football game will clash with meetings and witnessing, thats for sure! In the end though, if they don't want to I guess there's not much you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment