Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How do you remove any pages with your name in Google searches?

I'm an art student getting ready to send out demo reels to studios.



Employers Google search your name to look for incriminating evidence. I used to put artwork on various websites that are from high school level. Now, I'm looking to get into the art world professionally. Luckily no one has set out to attack my name, but I didn't want old shitty work, or the association with deviantart (deviantart is looked down upon by professional artist), and post from when I was playing high school track/football to come up (I don't think employers care if I went to state more than 5 years ago). I only want it to link to my website.



I deleted all the old accounts but the Google searches now lead to 404 pages. So do you have to go to the individual web host and request they remove the Google entry. Do you call a Google rep or something? I don't even know what the technical terms are for what I'm trying to do, so, I can't research it. Should I just ignore it because it's a pain in the ****?How do you remove any pages with your name in Google searches?
Google updates itself automatically so it will search for these pages that you have removed and it will not find them so it will take them off the google search



This may take a while to come though however

No comments:

Post a Comment