Thursday, January 19, 2012

Will I get into the University of Chicago?

I am going to be a Senior in high school. I am currently in th top 10% of my class.My GPA is only 4.2, and i got a 31 on my ACT (although I plan to take it again; I can probably score 33-34).

My numbers aren't the greatest, but that's because I've taken a LOT of honors/AP classes. Not to mention my extracurricular activities.



I am a Peer Leader (we help freshman get adjusted to life in high school). I am Senior Physical Education Leader (we help out freshmen PE teachers throughout the year). I am the President of the Muslim Student Association and the National Honor Society. I am on our school's Principal's Student Advisory Board. I am on the School District Board of Education; I serve as a Student Liaison, although I am not permitted to vote. I am on the Superintendent's Student Advisory Board (we help make decisions pertaining to student life throughout the districts high schools). I am part of my high school's Science, Math and Technology Academy; Outside of our regular classes, we spend part of our day with the rest of our "academy" in science, math and engineering-based classes. This academy has a Student Academy Council which I am the Vice President of.



I started my own Peer Tutor program, for Beginners in Spanish. I have also participated in Mathletes (Math Competitions), JETS (Junior Engineering Technical Society) and am a member of the Spanish Honor Society. I am going to Spain this summer as part of a School-Sponsored Trip (I will be going into my fourth year of Spanish).



I've also been on the Varsity Track team for 3 years as well as football. I played basketball for my first two years. I've received a lot of awards as well.



I am very active and busy. I am really hardworking and am up to the challenging curriculum of the University of Chicago. Math is my favorite subject, and I am hoping to get a degree in pure math and/or Physics.



I'm really sorry about the long question :)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance!!!Will I get into the University of Chicago?
If you go to the web site of virtually any college or university you will find information concerning the current entering class -- class ranks, SAT/ACT scores, numbers of applications, numbers of people offered admission, etc. If your statistics are within the ranges, you may consider yourself to have a pretty good chance of admission.Will I get into the University of Chicago?
Didn't you post this question earlier, and didn't I answer it? I said I thought you had a good chance.



Perhaps you should go back to your earlier question and look at the answers. There were at least two.

No comments:

Post a Comment