Saturday, January 14, 2012

World cup BBQ party during day...but neighbours complain about everything anyone does?

Its going to be during the day, not going on any later than 9pm, but my neighbours complain about everyone on the street, if you have anything on that they consider remotely loud they complain. They are bought house and mine is housing association.

I had my music on this time last year (on a saturday at 4pm) and they screamed and swore at me and threatend me so I called the police but they still put a complaint in about me to the housing (although because I called the police it was in my favour)

Basically I know everyone has a right to peace...but do I not have a right to hold a BBQ party once or twice a year?? Its not going to be a rave, just football and a little music in the garden after it finished.

In reailty if they do complain they housing cant boot me out for having 1 complaint a year can they?World cup BBQ party during day...but neighbours complain about everything anyone does?
Send a polite letter to your neighbours a couple of days before the party stating that you are planning on having a few friends and acquaintances around in the day for the party in your garden and will try to not be too loud, but state that we were planning to have some music on in the afternoon/early evening.

At the party, encourage your guests to go home or just come inside your house around 8pm when it starts to get dark anyway. Write that you will not be in the garden after 8 in the letter.

If you are polite enough, then they cannot complain.

Make photocopies of your letter before you post it as proof in case they make another complaint.

I'm sorry you have to live next to such kill joys i'd be so annoyed!
They might not complain if you go over to your neighbors place and gave them a 'heads up' that you would be having people over.World cup BBQ party during day...but neighbours complain about everything anyone does?
Knock on the day before and very politely tell them what's happening and they are welcome to come over and join you. (hopefully they wont except lol)

If your in the UK you can't get done for a bit of noise, unless it's after 10pm (I think) or it's consistent, ie not just the odd BBQ, if they complain just ignore them and turn the music up!

If they have filed an official complaint, file one against them saying they are harassing you. (no you can't get kicked out for one)
Invite them to the events, maybe they are jealous of all your friends and want to be included?World cup BBQ party during day...but neighbours complain about everything anyone does?
Aargh . I live near people like them too .Copy your letter to the council [ if you follow other advice x ] Go %26amp; ask the council complaints people what exactly is acceptable .Call the police again if they harass you .

No comments:

Post a Comment