Saturday, January 14, 2012

What are my chances of getting into Wake Forest University?

I was born in Charlotte, North Carolina and lived there for 8 years. I am currently a Junior in high school and plan on finishing my Junior Year with a 3.69 to 3.71 unweighted GPA, but my weighted GPA should be either a 6.2 to 6.3 on a 4.5 scale. I just recently took the SAT for the first time and scored a 670 on Math and a 600 on the Critical Reading. My writing was a 510, but on the PSAT it was a 590 and I am confident that I can get it around 600-630 when I retake the SAT in May. As a reference, we can't take AP's until junior year.



As a freshman I took: Physical Science, English I (H), World History I (H), Spanish II, Geometry, and Photography

As a sophomore I took: Biology (H), English II (H), World History II (H), Spanish III, Algebra II, and Economics

As a Junior I am taking: Chemistry (H), English III (H), APUSH, Precalculus, Practical Law, Forensic Science, and Lifeguarding(Becoming certified)

Planned Senior Schedule: Physics, AP Biology, English IV, AP Psych, Calculus (H)



EC's and Honors: Traveled on a 3 week student leadership tour across Europe, representing the USA through People to People. Played football for 2 years until I suffered serious injuries to both knees. Every Summer I am part of an 8 week Special Olympic Program that meets on a weekly basis. Am part of the PBJ club which makes sandwhichs every Monday and delivers them to the local homeless shelter. Part of a club that is essentially the Junior Rotary Club and have done community service through them. Part of a Guidance Association through my school that also does local community service.



I plan on having a personal interview over the summer with the admissions office. Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.What are my chances of getting into Wake Forest University?
Your extra curriculars are outstanding!!!!! You may want to enhance your academic record though since Wake Forest is a pretty rigorous school in this regard. Study for your SAT's and aim for at least 670 in every section. Also consider taking more AP's next year, and make your grades improve from junior year grades. Colleges like improvement. More AP's is good, too, because you can get more credit for college, aside from looking really smart.



Also, you are so lucky to get a personal interview. i'm jel :P

No comments:

Post a Comment